What's cooking??

A Short Ending

After what seemed to be a clinical hoo-haa for the past 2 months, a beam of excitement surfaced from the magentic horizon. It's the end of one posting, which meant, the mid-sem break is here. Somehow, it was quite a relief that I'd shrugged myself through. Time flies in the Triad posting, and the moment you could pause for your 1st gasp of air, it is already the end of the posting. Blame it on the 9 weeks holiday, the comfort zone which I needed to be pulled out of.

Looking back at it again, it didn't look that shabby after all. Maybe it was the "getting used to it" part that was hard. Having a 3-weeks encounter with the supervisor of each posting almost seem inadequate. Eating an exotic meal was challenging enough, what else it's like having 3 different meals one after another. (Authentic Sze Chuan Curry, Vietnam cold food and Thai's fried crickets, etc) But, if there's so many students who went through the same journey and survived, why not me? Maybe there's gonna be hiccups here and there, or possible diarrhea, but I guess I'll be able to vomit back a substantial amount for the exams. :P

Next, I'll be having my 8 weeks Psychiatry posting after the 1 week break. People told me its going to be an easy time there, so I'll just see how it goes. Seems that this year around, everyone is trying to compare who has the easiest posting of all. If I am to believe all the feedback, I'll be disillusioned that Year 4 is a stroll in the park. Compared to last year, there are always claim that the posting they are in are the hardest of all. Or maybe it's just that same few who made the noises all the time. It so happen that I haven't met them all. Yet.

And so, here it is, time for my Special Study Module meeting. Maybe I'll post more updates and thoughts during the holidays. I'll be having all the time in the world. So, whats the rush? :P

Comments (0)