What's cooking??

Holiday Blues

The holidays are up, and as usual, I laze around under the comfort of the cozy blanket, gazing at the ever dark clouds threatening with spells of tears should I set a step out of the house. Oh, mind you. It's not like I'm really up and running or in the mood for any wild tour. Not yet, at the very least. I'm still in a daze of what to do in such a season. The 1st week of my 2 weeks break is up soon, and all I'd do was recuperating for the past 4 days. Oh yeah, my last paper was on Monday, while the results was already out since yesterday. An amazing attempt by the academic department to rush things for the coming festive season. In fact, it must have been true that the last examiner might have some choreiform move which jerk his/her hand so low as to draw the passing line. Otherwise, I wouldn't think we would be able to survive the onslaught of such papers in ENT, Ophthalmology and Anesthesiology.

What are my plans for my holidays? I'll just make sure to rest enough for the next "onslaught". Meanwhile, some exercise should shapen up my soon-to-be spherical butt. You'll always be amazed by the fact that 5 years of sitting can cause such a harm. With the many recent news of doctors dying in their 50's of medical condition, it is high time for us to reflect on why are the supposedly caregivers are the first on the casualty list. Could it be the effect of the lifestyle doctors took pride in prancing in the hospital 36 hours nonstop, or the dedicated ones who almost never spend a minute away from the hospital apart from their sleeping hours? Or the health hazard stemming from their social hazards deemed unfit to be told, from all sorts of maladaptive coping behavior to stress, from within and out of work? That, we'll have no idea to it.

But all I know is, let's all take it at a slow pace. Rest and relax, and enjoy life as it is. No, it doesn't mean going for booze or clubs, for it is also a form of maladaptive behavior of a weak mind. Read a book, a walk in the park, a swim in the pool, spending some quality time with fellow family members and get a good laugh in the cinema and social gatherings (again, away from booze and the smokers from hell). It's not a sign of aging, but take it as a sign of maturity. For once, you might find joy in life which you might have never found before.

Comments (1)

spherical butt?? ahahahhaa...funny.. but yeah i agree..live for the moment!!