Last week was full of theory. Seminars. Lectures. My head was filled up to the brim as I could recall. Although I did doze off some of the time, I admit that I had been awake for most of the seminars. Especially the doctor was giving pointers and not the students. Some students just gave the longest classification ever in medical history, reading every fine print in it. Hey, we're in med school, and you're supposed to present, not to recite every single words in the classification. we can leave that to our own reading time. I'm not that into audio books afterall.
This week? It's officially the start of the clinicals of Surgery posting. Ward rounds, colonoscope, OGDS (again and again for the scopes!) and presentation rounds (screwed left right up down for my own mistakes anyway) again in the evening. It's been a long time since I've been up from 7am to 5.30pm. Prolong standing is the torture. Tommorrow's going to be OT day as well as pre-op ward rounds for Wednesday. And also on-call shift. How on earth am I going to slug through this?
Oh well, I know I may not be the worst off. There's still peeps in the Pediatrics and O&G having worse days than me. This would just be a warm up for the preparations for final year (hopefully final as in FINAL). Well, that's some consolation. But I'm to know that my next posting is Pediatrics followed by O&G (then Family Medicine and lastly Internal Medicine). This is the final push. Sorry for the long rant. I know this may be the last hiatus or another rant coming up. This way or another, this is going to be the start of a series of ranting posting for the whole year. Because happy moments are to be enjoyed and I'll forget to write about it anyway. *sigh* Timne to start my revision and brush up my history taking and physical examination.
This week? It's officially the start of the clinicals of Surgery posting. Ward rounds, colonoscope, OGDS (again and again for the scopes!) and presentation rounds (screwed left right up down for my own mistakes anyway) again in the evening. It's been a long time since I've been up from 7am to 5.30pm. Prolong standing is the torture. Tommorrow's going to be OT day as well as pre-op ward rounds for Wednesday. And also on-call shift. How on earth am I going to slug through this?
Oh well, I know I may not be the worst off. There's still peeps in the Pediatrics and O&G having worse days than me. This would just be a warm up for the preparations for final year (hopefully final as in FINAL). Well, that's some consolation. But I'm to know that my next posting is Pediatrics followed by O&G (then Family Medicine and lastly Internal Medicine). This is the final push. Sorry for the long rant. I know this may be the last hiatus or another rant coming up. This way or another, this is going to be the start of a series of ranting posting for the whole year. Because happy moments are to be enjoyed and I'll forget to write about it anyway. *sigh* Timne to start my revision and brush up my history taking and physical examination.
oh hey! hi! 1.5 weeks of clinicals taught me this. it trains stamina. all the standing walking n smiling, ehm i mean exercising PR skills to the poor ppl who let countless ppl prod them daily. n i've nvr practised handwriting that much since sec sch. minus exam pprs. funny dt the more i write the worse it gets not better. thx 4 extending brain juice to 3rd yrs! :)
Haha, welcome.... you'll need to filter and extract the essentials from the brain juice though. Don't worry bout the handwriting, I'm pretty sure we'll develop doc's handwriting soon enough. :P