It took me quite some courage and effort to sit still and pen my thoughts here. The beams and gleams of an attitude was rather missing in an action. Exams had gone away, for now. So now, it has been a resting period for me to lie dormant in the comfort of my home zone. Forget travelling. Travelling makes a person tired. At least, that's what it is to me.
And oh yes, with my absence for these few months time, a lot had changed, from the neverending political monkeys hoo-ha-ing around and fighting for the sake of a few bananas; to the non-chalantly "creative" Singaporean islanders who all these while could never stand on their own and rely on others, having their very own F1 Grand Prix, most likely with the usual intention of "Must have everything bigger and grander than Malaysia."
That said, I'd resorted to dwell myself in the novels I seldom read, "In The Country of Men", from the perspective of a naive young boy, who'd mistaken his mother's hard liquor as "medicine" which was supposed to treat her "illness", never to know that his mother was drunk, and his friend's mother who seemingly bled all the time and was thought as a curse by the friend. The amusement never ceased to end, with brides being tested by the groom by inserting at the "veil" as a test of virginity which was held sacred. In short, the title says all, it is, in fact, the country of men, whereby most idiots would never stopped to be idiots. Good gracious that there wasn't any gays gone wild there!

If there would be a country of women too, I guess the same might have been true. Perhaps the best would be both gender co-exist in peace, acknowledging each other. Men and women were created together after all. And to all those religions, please do not spoil this by claiming that Eve was made from Adam's rib, for Adam and eve could be afterall, a symbolic name of malas and females. Perhaps the only rib that Eve had from Adam was the one hanging in between his legs, and was never almighty altogether.
And what is the synopsis? Ahh.. I don't know. I'm just one quarter into it. I'l allow you readers to find it out yourself.
And oh yes, with my absence for these few months time, a lot had changed, from the neverending political monkeys hoo-ha-ing around and fighting for the sake of a few bananas; to the non-chalantly "creative" Singaporean islanders who all these while could never stand on their own and rely on others, having their very own F1 Grand Prix, most likely with the usual intention of "Must have everything bigger and grander than Malaysia."
That said, I'd resorted to dwell myself in the novels I seldom read, "In The Country of Men", from the perspective of a naive young boy, who'd mistaken his mother's hard liquor as "medicine" which was supposed to treat her "illness", never to know that his mother was drunk, and his friend's mother who seemingly bled all the time and was thought as a curse by the friend. The amusement never ceased to end, with brides being tested by the groom by inserting at the "veil" as a test of virginity which was held sacred. In short, the title says all, it is, in fact, the country of men, whereby most idiots would never stopped to be idiots. Good gracious that there wasn't any gays gone wild there!
If there would be a country of women too, I guess the same might have been true. Perhaps the best would be both gender co-exist in peace, acknowledging each other. Men and women were created together after all. And to all those religions, please do not spoil this by claiming that Eve was made from Adam's rib, for Adam and eve could be afterall, a symbolic name of malas and females. Perhaps the only rib that Eve had from Adam was the one hanging in between his legs, and was never almighty altogether.
And what is the synopsis? Ahh.. I don't know. I'm just one quarter into it. I'l allow you readers to find it out yourself.
for goodness sake.. it's the holz.. give ur brains a break.