What's cooking??

Murderer-in-Training

I thought Med School is supposed to turn our hands into healing hands. I thought cadaver was the last dead thing we had to touch.

But I guess the movie Pathology might have been inspired by the Forensic Pathology posting. Cadaver was one thing, fresh bodies is another. Cadaver feels fake afterall. But fresh bodies? I had no idea. I wonder how many would just faint at the sight. I wonder if I would be one of them.

Surgeries are just incisions, but post-mortem felt more like decapitation and mince meat. And I wonder if it would be something like this below:
http://naguday.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/cacjdjqe.jpg

Let's just hope my 10 observations and 2 post mortem would flow smoothly. 4th year is already so foreign. :P

Comments (2)

All d best for 4th year!
Haha...postmortems are gory >.<
I don't like the rotting smell from the intestines in bodies kept for more than 4hours.
And the opening of the skull with chisel and hammer often makes me nauseated!

i totally agree!! post-mortem is like 100mil times scarier than cadaver... cadaver is like death n-th years ago, some already cut up into pieces, neatly displayed.... but forensic was like, erm.. he died few hours ago... and you have to dissect him... and find the cause of death... my first experience wasn't a pleasant one either... allow me to share it with you ^^ :

http://confessions-of-a-medical-student.blogspot.com/2008/06/confessions-of-medical-student-38-my.html