What's cooking??

A Chinese New Year Post

1.30am in the morning. Lunar New Year. The same song had been playing on the speakers. For these past few days, the song had been playing on the radio, and it got stuck on my head. So, I downloaded it from Digi's unlimited music download (I'm a Digi broadband subscriber) for free. Somehow, I felt at ease listening to the song, handing me the peace I hardly had for a long period of time. I had long forgotten that music could really soothe the soul. The current music trend had been rather noisy and pitchy, if present at all, or bitchy for the sex appeal.

It must have been quite some time since I penned down some thought-filled diary entry here. There just seem to be a tendency to return to the old writing style which brought me to start a blog from some years back. There wasn't really a need to re-read my previous almost-500 entries to know that I've changed. But there's nothing to stop me from changing back whenever I wanted to. :P

And so I booked a ticket to my very own Finale in the course. How could I feel apart from relieved? Relieved that I had only a year left before I'd graduate, if I pass the professionals, of course. Relieved that my exams were over for the time being and all the worries dissipated into thin air. Relieved that I'd pass when I was playing a fool most of the time, struggling with myself for a gasp of fresh air. Relieved that all I have now is rest, and a long holiday to plan ahead. Relieved that I would have time to work my bump up into good shape. Relieved that I would have time for family, friends and to tinker with my own hobbies. What else could I wish for?

But I could be a pessimist, thinking that this could be the last holiday before slugging for another year. A pessimist that I would rot at home, not doing anything. A pessimist in everything, anything, and nothing.

But I am still listening to the song. Soothing and yet catchy. Relaxing and yet motivating. As I lie on my bed, staring out of the window, at the glimmer of ray from the glowing star. Or perhaps it was a satellite? I had no idea, but all I knew was, I could doze off in my dreams lightheartedly. Goodnite, and Happy Lunar New Year!

P.S: Here's the song I'd mentioned. :)



Fireflies – Owl City Music Code

Comments (0)