What's cooking??

3:34am in the morning. Just got back from Pizza Hut after a tiring day. Still, I found some time relaxing, poring over the computer screen. We're having a new product briefing, about the new side orders of the Atlantis promotion. Well, at least I got the chance to taste it. The Thai Tuna Roll was delicious, while the Tortilla Sun Wrap would be delicious if serve hot, being full of brinjals, suitable for vegetarians, especially brinjal lovers. Lastly, the Golden Fish Fillet was tasteless, as only the outer layer of flour tasted ok, while the meat was.. bland. Seems that those sold at Pasar Malam will taste better than that. -.-"

The day before was an experience, because I had the chance to be the 'Restaurant Manager' for half a day. The actual Restaurant Manager (RM) was having a meeting with all his assistant and shift managers. My task is on the floor. (Not the actual floor of sweeping and moping) I followed up the customers' needs and make sure everything is in order. The 4 hours ask during the day is quite simple because it's not really busy at that time during daytime. It was just so tempting to misuse my power and torture everyone. Lolz..

In the evening, I was supposed to take care of a section with Hew, but Kamal was absent. As usual, I took over the doorperson job again. Up till now, I had become the doorperson specialist. The 1-month plus training had made me famous for being the doorperson. They LOVE me to do it, maybe because I'm at least more outspoken than the rest in handling customers. Haha, the timid me had been the most outspoken? They must be much worse. Hew was the Ice-Blended specialist, promoting the Ice-blended the best. He was the main factor of the high sales of Ice-Blended in this restaurant. heng will be the runner specialist, serving food at all the tables as efficient as ever. anyhow, got my biggest tips today. I treated a family of 7 well, although I wasn't really that 'kind' tp them by offering them a place not of their choice. But eventually, the customer wasn't that fussy afterall, and I gave my best service out of my heart. I even joked with the customers, checking everything is in order for them. In the end, he gave a RM10-note as my tips. Whoa..I really did not expect that. What I hope was just RM1 at most.. Hehe..And my total tips for the day jumped to an all time high of RM16.

Then again, I had my part of bad experience. A customer had a miscommunication with me. I'm the doorperson, and he expect me to help him in doing his 'drive-thru' at Pizza Hut. what a joke, but what had u expect from Middle-east people? They can only be either nice people or rude people, being at these two extremes only, and no betweens. He asked my full name, and I gave without fear, because he can't fire me, and I don't plan to extend my career for this lowly-paid job.

I was planning to quit on last Sunday. I gave my letter but the RM made me take it back. He explained, and literally begged me and Hew to stay. I knew he is short of staff, but the initial refusal of his managers to pay after 12am was ridiculous, especially on weekends. We had to work till 1-2am for free? And the long hours withou break is really taxing. Then again, he agreed to accomodate our demands. Couldn't say we were fussy, because we demand what was rightfully ours. We didn't ask for a raised, just that we want to be paid for our deservingly work. So, I just don't know hwen will I be quitting from there. I'll never know.

Comments (0)