What's cooking??

All Psyched Up

Today has been the 1st day of Psychiatry posting. Of expecting one to have more freedom out of an 8-weeks posting, it would rather seem to be of a cluttered one. The timetable clashes here and there, no thanks to its 20-pages long booklet catered for the students, with our names repeating over and over again. Such disarray can only be seen in Psychiatry maybe. Or just my hospital.

Anyway, back with the place, at least I've finally got to the wards, and it was quite deep in the territory. Grill bars can be seen at the entrance of the male and female wards, reminiscing of what may be seen from the papers of the Taman Sinar Harapan commotion. Well, of course, the patients were well-dressed (fortunately) rather than being in the nude. But generally, I would say that the wards seemed more dilapidated than other wards, being in a world of their own. (Including the students, nurses and doctors). I wonder if I could remain sane after 8 weeks there, not due to the patient factor, but rather the environment. One thing for sure, psychiatry wards could be one of the least conducive place. As far as I am concerned, a proper asylum hospital would be a better environment, with the outdoors welcoming them with open arms. But here? It seems more like we're trying to hide them from vicinity. It's just rather depressing, from what I can see.

And why I'm so free here? It's all because the professors have a meeting for the semester exam papers. Being treated like patients ourselves, we're not allowed to have our supervisor's phone number. Authopsies are generally unwelcomed on the 1st day of posting, so naturally, we'll skip it. Let's just hope some reading for tomorrow's lecture helps. :P

Comments (0)