This week had been on the quiet side due to anhedonia on my part. However, I'll try to make up with some updates now.
Wednesday was Peds Psychi Day. Well, we're supposed to tag Prof Susan, so we were there as early as 9am. Little did we know that she came at 11am. There were 2 new cases, but I'll talk about the 2nd case, because it was the one that drained all our energy away.
A pair of 4-year old twins came in with their parents. Perhaps this was my 1st taste of how Peds might be like. Being young, they were easily distracted and all hyped up with more power than the Duracell Bunny. The 6 of us in a group had to play with them to make sure they do not cause anymore harm to the clinic. Of course, kids should be allowed to run around and explore, but the clinic is just not a safe environment to do so. On the loose, they ran as far as they could, even to the Orthopedic clinic or the entrance of the hospital from inside the clinic. They must have thought that we medical students were having fun chasing after them!



In a way, well, we had helped out to assess the kids' developmental stage. It's true that kids would not be assessed through a rigid routine in the clinic, but sometimes this maybe regarded as too bizarre by going all out just for some simple assessment. *Phew*
But then again, all the running did load us up with endorphins (and sweat too). And yet, going after them makes us feel too old. We've really forgotten how on earth could we be like them when we were young? Looking back, I've passed almost 23 years of my life (26th July is the day, :P), and it could spell out a quarter of my life if destiny allows, or half of my life worse come to worst. It didn't really occur much to me that so long a time has passed in a blink of an eye. It seems like yesterday when I was running around in my diapers, climbing the window bar out of amusement and peer influence, for all my cousins did that.
And all that, flew into the far distance of time. And there's no return of goods.
How I wished I could turn back time.
How I wish I could be the me in kindergarten, young and innocent, with no worries of the future, and chatting merrily with my peer friends, and my 2 best girl(space)friends.
How I wish I was in the primary school, enjoying life as it goes, and scoring in exams without studying.
How I wish I could be in my high school, all I need to worry is just education and nothing else. Or perhaps also the Dragon Ball manga I anxiously wait every month, or the new computer game released every Summer (July-August season).
How I wish I was in my SPM, because that was the period I see many of my friends having puppy love and crumpled along the way to my amusement. And all I did was flirting and peeping, and yet still fell to the same state of sorrow for the last 3 months, fortunately without any permanent damages except for some laughter when I think of how stupid I was.
How I wish I was in college, enjoying the freestyle clothing without the need of collar, and with a rounded neck shirt. Waking up at 7.55am and wet my face before going for 8am lectures with the same clothes I wore to sleep. Rounded neck T-shirt and some khakhi on top of my boxers. Slippers were allowed, and I had all the time in the world to sleep. Sitting in the front row garnered attention, because the lecturer were willing to teach you.
How I missed my pre-clinical years, when everyone gave the confused look when I told them I was from TARC STPM. Fortunately for me, my coursemates were only puzzled, but were not insistent as my F6 friend's coursemates in other Uni who insisted that it was A-level that we took in TARC. Back tracking in time because it felt more like a kampung environment in KKL, especially when Chow Kit is the most underdeveloped area in KL. And how I miss the time when the lecture hall was so big that it can fit 400-500 when there's only 200+ of us. Sitting in front meant that the lecturers won't pay attention to you, because they stare blankly at the last row. Maybe that's why I could doze off in lectures in the first row without anyone noticing. And the time when Chow Kit monorail station was our portal of escape into the heart of the city. for movies, for food, and for any leisure activities.
And perhaps, one day, I'll be missing my clinical years, when I'd no need to worry of job and its politics. At least, now I can afford to sleep adequately, before offering myself as a sacrificial piece to the hospital as a house officer. And how we all miss what we had in the past.
And that, would only be known when we've reach the destination. Live life to the fullest, but not necessarily to the extreme or to throw caution to the wind.
Wednesday was Peds Psychi Day. Well, we're supposed to tag Prof Susan, so we were there as early as 9am. Little did we know that she came at 11am. There were 2 new cases, but I'll talk about the 2nd case, because it was the one that drained all our energy away.
A pair of 4-year old twins came in with their parents. Perhaps this was my 1st taste of how Peds might be like. Being young, they were easily distracted and all hyped up with more power than the Duracell Bunny. The 6 of us in a group had to play with them to make sure they do not cause anymore harm to the clinic. Of course, kids should be allowed to run around and explore, but the clinic is just not a safe environment to do so. On the loose, they ran as far as they could, even to the Orthopedic clinic or the entrance of the hospital from inside the clinic. They must have thought that we medical students were having fun chasing after them!

In a way, well, we had helped out to assess the kids' developmental stage. It's true that kids would not be assessed through a rigid routine in the clinic, but sometimes this maybe regarded as too bizarre by going all out just for some simple assessment. *Phew*
But then again, all the running did load us up with endorphins (and sweat too). And yet, going after them makes us feel too old. We've really forgotten how on earth could we be like them when we were young? Looking back, I've passed almost 23 years of my life (26th July is the day, :P), and it could spell out a quarter of my life if destiny allows, or half of my life worse come to worst. It didn't really occur much to me that so long a time has passed in a blink of an eye. It seems like yesterday when I was running around in my diapers, climbing the window bar out of amusement and peer influence, for all my cousins did that.
And all that, flew into the far distance of time. And there's no return of goods.
How I wished I could turn back time.
How I wish I could be the me in kindergarten, young and innocent, with no worries of the future, and chatting merrily with my peer friends, and my 2 best girl(space)friends.
How I wish I was in the primary school, enjoying life as it goes, and scoring in exams without studying.
How I wish I could be in my high school, all I need to worry is just education and nothing else. Or perhaps also the Dragon Ball manga I anxiously wait every month, or the new computer game released every Summer (July-August season).
How I wish I was in my SPM, because that was the period I see many of my friends having puppy love and crumpled along the way to my amusement. And all I did was flirting and peeping, and yet still fell to the same state of sorrow for the last 3 months, fortunately without any permanent damages except for some laughter when I think of how stupid I was.
How I wish I was in college, enjoying the freestyle clothing without the need of collar, and with a rounded neck shirt. Waking up at 7.55am and wet my face before going for 8am lectures with the same clothes I wore to sleep. Rounded neck T-shirt and some khakhi on top of my boxers. Slippers were allowed, and I had all the time in the world to sleep. Sitting in the front row garnered attention, because the lecturer were willing to teach you.
How I missed my pre-clinical years, when everyone gave the confused look when I told them I was from TARC STPM. Fortunately for me, my coursemates were only puzzled, but were not insistent as my F6 friend's coursemates in other Uni who insisted that it was A-level that we took in TARC. Back tracking in time because it felt more like a kampung environment in KKL, especially when Chow Kit is the most underdeveloped area in KL. And how I miss the time when the lecture hall was so big that it can fit 400-500 when there's only 200+ of us. Sitting in front meant that the lecturers won't pay attention to you, because they stare blankly at the last row. Maybe that's why I could doze off in lectures in the first row without anyone noticing. And the time when Chow Kit monorail station was our portal of escape into the heart of the city. for movies, for food, and for any leisure activities.
And perhaps, one day, I'll be missing my clinical years, when I'd no need to worry of job and its politics. At least, now I can afford to sleep adequately, before offering myself as a sacrificial piece to the hospital as a house officer. And how we all miss what we had in the past.
And that, would only be known when we've reach the destination. Live life to the fullest, but not necessarily to the extreme or to throw caution to the wind.
Yeap..i agree..live for the moment!! =)
haha..and for the psy patients, to be like them is to understand them..=p