What's cooking??

A Second Life

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Phoenix_fearn/Sims%203/Screenshot-15.jpg?t=1246382662

I was an aspiring guitarist. I started a new life in a town called Sunnydale. Being a young single chap, I was enthusiastic in a new town. I bought a small house with my lifetime savings and began my career right away. I practised guitar, perform in the park for some meager tips, and came home everyday just in time for some own home-cooked meal. Career seem important that I hanged out with fellow musicians as I work myself from a backstage boy to the lead guitarist. The life was nothing but routine, apart from hitting out at fellow colleagues who bore my child(ren) out of wedlock. Not one, not two, but 3 children in total. If I kept matters as it was, soon I'll be fathering the whole population of Sunnydale!!!

http://www.genkigirl.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/woohoo01.jpg

Blame it on my charismatic and lucky soul, but I never got to know my very own children and talk to them. Life is all about fame and the sex game, and nothing else. I never got to explore the small town, or did any of the fishing, reading or a massage from the spa. If I'd earned that much, why would I not be enjoying them? At the rate I was going, I would reach my lifetime aspiration to be the celebrity musician that I dreamed of. At the price of life itself.

And that is where Sims 3 strikes reality. You can't have everything in life.

In short, I figured that this game is the best way to invoke your curiosities of "what if's". What if I'd worked hard to achieve my career? What if I'd been promiscuous? What if I had chosen another path, the road not taken?

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sims-3-1.jpg

The up side was, Sims 3 is a totally new dynamic game. The Sims world were no longer compartmentalized in squares. It's an open field (requiring much more of graphics rendering, of course) where the world is your imagination. Roam the world, smell the fresh air, bump into a fellow Sim by the road, or go for some hobbies. The tomatoes outdoors are harvestable, the fish are there for your fish and chips menu(provided you knew how to fish and cook). You walk your date from house to the fine dining, or visit the theatre on a date.

Eat more, and you'll see your sim gradually grow fat. Exercise more and starve yourself, maybe you'll get slim. And of course, your sim(s) have moods, or characters which clearly defines human. And your sim ages (provided you did not switched off aging in the options) gracefully till the day they die.

Then again, there are limitations. Despite my many attempts to flirt with many females, and lots of woo hoo-ing (sex in Sims term), there wasn't any repercussions. No sexually transmitted diseases, no AID's (Sims citizens are free from infectious disease). Well, you may expect drama when you were caught red-handed when your lover B bumps into you while you were having intimate moments with Lover A. The dramas that ensues was the reason I started this side-story to fill in my curiosity.

Apart from that, my sim was just a workaholic. A bachelor who lives a free but lonely life. Life started as he steps out of the house, but back home, he is just a lonely chap. Towards the end, he'd realised his problem, but it was too late. It was just a matter of days before he aged and turn into an old lonely geezer. A man with career and fame, but without a resting place to retire. It must have been depressing to learn this.

From what I've learnt from here, celebrities live a lonely life. They might have millions of fans and friends, but there was never a true friend. It's such a irony that perhaps, MJ might have played this game before deciding that it's better to die young and be famous than age but soon forgotten. This is just a theory postulated out of fiction, but nevertheless proves that only celebrities who died young are remembered better, be it Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley, etc. That is when all your belongings become freakingly expensive at auctions, but well, you never get to enjoy the wealth of it.

Maybe it's time to take life easy. I'm not sure if I'm ready to slog myself through that much of work for life. Maybe the balancing act, done right, ought to make life easier.

Or maybe I should doze off right now. Nitez!

Comments (1)

*sigh...this post is just cruel..CRUEL!! For a person who can't play the game...SOBZZ..i need a new computer! =(