What's cooking??

Lorong Peel Yong Tow Foo

As much have been said on Yong Tow Foo, this has been acclaimed as one of the famous place, or rather established ones in KL. Well, being a KL guy I am, I would rather say that this is a place I've been only a few times. Well, there's many YTF in KL, and I reckoned you wouldn't need to travel that far to get something a little bit better (or could have been worse).

Anyway, last Friday, the current Ortho posting's Makan gang got my dear and I out for lunch here. So I figured this is the chance for me to get to know how exactly to get there through the "backdoor" as Thomson liked it. :P

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5001/1278/1600/152_5284.jpg
Wah Kiow Hakka Yong Tow Foo


All the Yong Tow Foo in preparation

Waiting enthuasistically for food initially. Not included in the snap is the handsome me and no one else. Yea, I mean, no one else. :P

And wait..and wait.. and wait... everyone seems bit tad bored...

Then comes the food...

And more...

And the savory asam fish for the cats.. :P

Basically, I would say that some of the YTF were not bad and tasty. Of course, apart from the lack of variety which includes the absence of soup dumpling (only fried), they would have done better by including pictures for those first timers to decide. Everything's fried there, so it gets rather heaty.

Address:
Wah Kiow Hakka Yong Tau Foo
Lorong Peel
Off Jalan Peel
Kuala Lumpur


And back to my own verdict, I would still prefer the YTF opposite my housing area or the YTF in Ulu Kelang by the MRR2 road. Because they're nearer. Anyhow, since my Mom also makes YTF, I think Mom's the best after all. It's not that I'm used to my mom's cooking, but my mom's got used to our tastebuds. I remembered the days when she used to make it often because she was learning. And my Dad and I were the lab rats. Now I think it got better. :P

Eh? Where's my portion of YTF, pup? Finish everything ady ah... :(

Comments (1)

i think the lorong peel ytf ok onli.. got a lot much better one. lol