What's cooking??

Lum Mee - Cosy Corner, Taman Cheras

Nothing beats the satisfactory drool when someone drops by your blog. Well, truth to be told, I ain't a pretty gurl, and I've no boobies to reveal like Pinkpau or Suet Li (According to Jack) and I'm not round enough to be the next Kenny Sia. So do bear with my lil' flog (abbrv for food blog, not the flog that u're thinking) adventure down with food.


And this time round would be Lum Mee, Cosy Corner. Notice that the places lately are in Cheras as it is nearby UKMMC. For me, no food is worth the distance, but I don't mind if it's out of convenience. And hence this restaurant in Taman Cheras, one of the old names here.

Apart from Lum Mee, this restaurant serves Yong Tow Foo (YTF) as well. Just as Cheras people like their YTF fried, this place is no exception, to my disappointment. And well, the menu serves simple YTF, as they do offer other noodles, prawn mee, etc. But trust me, you should just have Lum Mee, the best they could offer. If you don't like the Lum Mee, chances are the other noodles are worse. But well, it's a decent place worth mentioning.


Compared to years when I had my try on this, the sauce was not as thick as it used to be. Well, the prawns, minced chicken and pork meat were there, but rest assured that it is not value for money. Priced around RM5(or was it Rm4.50?), the portion is just moderate.


The Foo Chook was crispy and tasty though not piping hot. The brinjal was not deep fried, not much to my fancy, to say and the fish balls were just okay. Overall, the YTF was edible and above average, but well, I think Peel Road would have been better.

On the bright side, it would be easier to find parking here, and worth a try (just once ought to do) if you got bored of the usual place to eat around here. That's my verdict, but well, I might be wrong. some may love this place, and some may not. :P

Address:
Restoran Cosy Corner
No.113, Block P/F,
Jalan KasKas,
Tmn Cheras,
56000 Kuala Lumpur.


Comments (2)

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wow, makan sampai tepi rumah saya :P.
They are famous mainly for lum mee, YTF is just normal.