What's cooking??

My First Olympian - 08.08.08

The Beijing Olympics is here! With its gala ceremonial launch today, the fuss would soon be on the event, which is of no interest to me. Even the Tibetan's cause could not garner my sympathy as it involves 3 fools, the US, China and Tibet, and I haven't figured out who's the folliest of them all. So, we move on without it.

And yet today, I was the first to conduct a delivery of an Olympian baby in UKMMC. It wasn't intentional that I'd stay over my shift time from 4pm(7th Aug '08) until the delivery of the baby starting exactly from 12am. The baby delayed himself in such a manner to coincide with the auspicious date. The last meal I had was lunch which was before 12 noon.

Despite the hypoglycemic attack, I'm rather relieved because the lucky stars were on my side. The patient was going to be in the operating theatre and the delivery would not be conducted by me if the baby is coming out later than that. The moment the baby's head was out, all I could do was to receive it immediately and pull it out under the guidance of the midwife. It was quite a heavy and chubby baby at 3.20+kg.

And yes, it's quite a sense of satisfaction to finish one out of the 5 that I need to finish by week 6. Hopefully, everything turns out well. *crossing fingers*

So, anymore Olympians on this special day?

Comments (2)

That must be one more reason to remember 08.08.08

dang, i missed the opening..