What's cooking??

Wall-E Rocks

http://shashinki.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/wall-e-tsrposter-big.jpg

Yes, I've been bad boy because I want to be the first few to watch Wall-E on the silver screen. Being a Nuffnanger, I've decided to participate in Advertlets' Wall-E screening at GSC 1U on Monday, before the actual screening in Malaysia on Thursday. Well, at least it's worth it to go watch one nice movie, don't you think?


We've been there since 6pm as we wanted to avoid the jam. Plus, Advertlets had mentioned that it would be at 8pm. So, why not go earlier? And we had Mr Teppanyaki for dinner.

Taking a picture as we were too bored.

The best part was, no one was punctual. Well, maybe a few had came earlier, but Advertlet members are always mysterious and unrecognisable. Or we could just say that, they are less friendlier. Although it was stated that it would be at 8pm, there wasn't any banner telling us that there was really WALL-E screening there. I had asked the counter guy who rudely directed me to come again on Thurday for the screening date. Stupid him who knew nothing gave me a sceptical look, and I gave him a distasteful look because he's just plain stupid and unaware of what is happening around him. Later I had realised that even the ticket collector and Gold Class cashier knew about it. So, that gave no excuse for that stupid guy who had a bleak future ahead of him.

And not a very nice impression for Advertlets who had shown no signs of life even by 7.30pm.
There were a few tables out there arranged nicely, but with no Advertlets people there.

Practically empty.

We wait and wait and wait and wait and... *Sigh*

At last, they appeared at around 7.45pm, wanted to look very "busy", but they looked more like they were panicking. They quickly opened a booth and gave the tickets away. The screening time was 9pm. Sigh, there goes my On-Call night, conned by Advertlets, costing a very crucial delivery to be made. Otherwise I had conducted my second delivery yesterday. Mr Josh Lim, with his "cool" dark glasses telling us that he wanted us to be there at 8pm onwards, but well, he did not state it clearly in his mail. I'm sure Nuffnang did a better job at specifying the date, time and venue.

And I was one of the 30 'lucky' early bird who got the WALL-E car sticker.(I was 3rd actually) It wasn't my intention at all.

Since it was free seating, everyone rushes in and simply sit. I can assure that there was quite a number of uncivilized people who were fighting over the seats and did not sit accordingly or to be considerate to others, despite their appearances. It wasn't really a fun activity since everyone looked so serious and was preoccupied with their tiny group of friends. And yes, I do see a few Nuffnangers there too. :P

Well, enough with the rant. But the show was good enough to forget the rest. Wall-E is damn cute and funny. The stryline aren't exactly original, but it is the way it was presentented that made it a heart-touching animation. If I would have to categorize it, it would be a romantic, adventurous comedy which is not to be missed. The initial part of Wall-E on earth was much better than "I am Legend". And the love story? It's just plain innocent and cure. Bloody hillarious till the end.

And of course, there are moments where there might be short burst of tears, which could be partially due to the adverse effect of the eyestrain of staring at such a large screen. :P

So, trust me, if you like Pixar films, you would like this. Go watch it as soon as you can, provided that you are FREE at that time. Kekeke...

Comments (6)

dude... stop going early to catch all the "pre-matured before screening release" time!!!

how to ajak u watch movie mcm ni? haha...

haha..then sama sama kita apply lor.. :P then can go 4-5 orang sekaligus.. keke..

you ar... i know you sengaja put that last line to kek sei ngo wan! hmph T^T

lol. reminds me of the time when i won tickets to watch the preview for gone baby gone. Was there so early but the organisers took forever to come. normal lah, malaysians :P

pre-matured films, haha!
looking fwd to wallE too :)

you were that early? OMG... hahahhaa
i was there earlier also... but then... malaysian time is always late and true enough, half the people came after 8... hahaha
i guess they were just trying to avoid people from being late for the movie itself... ^_^

you should have miggle around... at least i know you didn't smile at me and i didn't know you were a blogger ^_^