What's cooking??

The Tanjung Karang Chronicles: Episode 1

Day 1:
Sunday was the day we started our journey. The journey to Tanjung Karang was a straightforward route, despite being something long-winded and almost monotonous.


Looked more like mountain roads

Settled into the rented house, and refit the place so that we could stay in a more comfortable environment.


The 2 corners of my small room, before the linoleum was fitted in.
Day 2 and 3 and 4 and probably the rest of the days:
Lecture starts and ends without much attention paid. Students are busy with their laptops during lectures, dwelling in their seriousness as they really do mean business.

Staring intently into the screen. Loads of work in mind.

Their artwork of paradise. Coconuts in the making.

Beanie plushie toy with his happy smile


My Banana plushie that I had for my birthday

For the rest of the days, we explored around and had become regulars at the coconut stall nearby. Cucur udang and pisang goreng goes rather well with air kelapa, or what we had called CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid, the fluid that bathes the brain) since there are quite a number of incidences people called it air kepala.



Enjoying Coconuts before we turned ourselves into CocoNUTS. Apparently, the girl on the left had turned more into a kampong girl in this pic. And my dear is smiling sweeter. Maybe it's just me or perhaps the coconut's sweetness has taken its effect.


Enjoying the scenery while enjoying our air kelapa. And the windy weather too.

And yesterday night? We ventured to Sekinchan for seafood! It's kinda fresh and tasty too.


http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2722678164_7f621110ff.jpg
Restaurant Chai Lee that we went to despite heavy rain yesterday evening. (This photo not taken by me)


Our dishes for the night.

Gone with the mouth

The bill: RM 125

The seafood was worth it for its freshness and price, but it would seem that we would be overspending past our budget. In just 3 days, I only had RM 90 in my wallet out of the RM 200+. I'll wonder how would we be able to survive for the rest of the days. Maybe we ought to feed ourselves with Maggi Mee everyday. Lolz!

Comments (6)

Tanjong karang has not been very fun for me...=( my ulcer still hurts..*ouch!* =(((((((

I've been there a few times..
But sadly I didn't go over to the Sekinchan area..
And the seafood doesn't seems cheap there..
They may earn very very much..

Fortunately, everytime I went there, "a family" will cook me some dinner (seafoods too!) before I leave..

a few more days and after u've explored the whole place.. u'll be like -- i hate this place

Well, I don't really hate it, just that I'm bored with it from the start. So trying to make the best out of it...

what are you doin there actually??? 6 weeks wor? Sitting here, i can only say lucky you for the coconuts and seafood, and having ur girl there with you, if not, what are you doing there???

2 sabrina:
well, it's supposed to be field work, but the 1st week is to fit in there. So there's not much work yet, till next week....