Thanks to Nuffnang, I'd the chance to watch Fast and Furious 4 at Cineleisure on the 1st April before the screening date on the 2nd April. It was really a show that I enjoyed watching, for the very least, after a series of rather bland movies which includes 7 pounds, curious cases of Benjamin Button and more of the "gentle" movies.
If there are signs that the year 2009 would be a year of raging hormones for the film industry, Fast and Furious would be the first top notch action film that cashs in with the classic formula: Cars, girls and glory. Never mind the classic formula. Never mind the Malay translation of "Pantas dan Garang". This show definitely lived up to its expectation of being a sequel of the famous "The Fast and The Furious" and "2 Fast 2 Furious". Well, "Tokyo Drift" was on the shabby side due to its lack of plot and too much car action though.
This timeline for this movie is somewhere between "2 Fast 2 Furious" and "Tokyo Drift". Perhaps the lack of connection between the 3rd film and the predecessors had made the producers to feel obliged to create a connecting bridge between these 2, and to allow the recruitment of the old casts from the first 2 films back. In short, this should not be named as Fast and Furious 4. It should ought to be Fast and Furious 2.5. That would be my opinion though.
On a side note, some audience had mentioned that this latest sequel had less car action than "Tokyo Drift". To me, it is just nice, as the producers manage to blend in a decent plot with the show instead of the failing plot in Tokyo Drift of wrecking more property damage to increase the ratings of the show. This time round, the same director Justin Lin of Tokyo Drift had learnt his lesson well that a plot and the cast are equally as important in such a movie. Action films without a plot are as thrashy as cheap porn movies without a plot. They both satisfy the population with a brain the size of an amoeba. And oh yes, if you'd expect any sex scenes, I'm sure you'll be disappointed, or perhaps there was a cut scene somewhere which I'd failed to notice the plot hole. Sometimes I wonder if there is a need of a sex scene in almost every movie catered for the adult, as even the "7 pounds" ought to have a sex scene.
In the end, I'll say for sure this won't be the end of the sequels of Fast and Furious, as the ending had suggested. If you'd like action pumped shows, this is the one for you. Below is the trailer if you havent watch it.
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Plot: 4/5
Cast 4.5/5
Action: 5/5
*Best action film so far for the year 2009
eh..how come I didn't see you one? Long time no see you d..
Lucky you...
Until now I still haven't watch the movie...
huhuhuhuhu...
lot of works to do...
Minutes To Midnight - http://aizatkamal.blogspot.com
2 sue me:
hehe..saw u, but u too busy with most of the friends while I'm busy with my gf. Maybe the next time! n_n
2 aizatkamal:
nevermind, it'll be on screen for quite some time. :P