What's cooking??

When Break is Over

In slightly more than a week's time, I'll be continuing my 4th year in Medicine, what seems to be an impossible and far away journey a few years back. Even till now, I am still unsure if I had mustered enough strength and courage to face it all over again. To beef up for what may lies awaiting us in the next two years. Sometimes, I got myself too busy (intended) such that I'd no time to look far ahead in the future. The mess, the uncertainties which may twirl up and hit you at the back of your head as you frantically search a way out of it.

Somehow, after 9 weeks of break with elective posting and vacations, the Year 3 seem to be rather distant. It felt as if it had happened a long time ago. All those seemingly endless misery, struggles, and leisure passed by like the breeze, and I reckoned perhaps it could be the same with Year 4 & 5. There wasn't anymore riduculously "free" time nowadays, and any break at any time would be welcomed.

But I guess the posting that I'll never forget would be O&G. The posting which really instill fear, along with its ala military discipline and some cranky for nothing doctors which happen to cluster in a certain ward. And the labor room experience which nothing can buy and no one hope to endure it again.

As a guy, I'm pretty sure my libido went on free fall for the whole duration and at least 3 months after the O&G posting. The gory scene, enhanced by the sight and smell along with the midwives' aid in activating the punishment center in the brain, making it a hard to forget torture of all time.It occured to me that I might have lost my male function, but the "morning sign" was the only assurance that it was all in the state of mind. Given such a depressing experience, I wonder if I'll be getting sexual dysfunction had I ever become an O&G specialist in the future.

So for now, let's just hope there is no such posting in Year 4. :P

Comments (2)

all the best in your coming 4th year... enjoy~ time flies~~ =)

Haha...yeap..O&G posting is a foolproof way of birth control. Men get ED, women get scared the hell out of giving birth. =p
But stay strong ya..think about the things that you can look forward to! Like me! =) Haha..i'll cya soon!