While the saying goes "Old is Gold", I'm afraid that many had taken it too literally. Here is an excerpt from The Star (at the bottom of the article):
All in all, you'll never know that it could be an April Fool prank that Sin Chew Daily or The Star had taken in too seriously.
Or maybe it's just "OLD IS BOLD"
*Sigh*
"Sin Chew Daily also reported the case of a 60-year-old Malaysian woman, who claimed she was still a virgin, who was looking for a life partner in Singapore.
Huang Zhen Nee, a sales promoter, wants a partner aged between 58 and 65 and be at least 1.6m tall.
He must also take home a monthly income of between S$3,000 (RM7,200) and S$4,000 (RM9,600) and own a three-room apartment."
All in all, you'll never know that it could be an April Fool prank that Sin Chew Daily or The Star had taken in too seriously.
Or maybe it's just "OLD IS BOLD"
*Sigh*
Hmmm rich popo!
Hi, erm, I have no comment at the whole idea of your posting about this lady advertising herself for a partner. But just like to point out this particular sentence that I find quiet offending:
"... who's -just- a sales promoter at such an exorbitant price!"
I believe disregard of one's occupation, he or she doesn't come with a price. No matter what he or she has done (in this case, advertising herself), her occupation doesn't make her do it. I find this "just" word suggests that you're looking down at sale promoter in general, not just to her. Try read it again.
2 jg:
haha..u bet it..:P
2 gine:
I stand unwaivered at the word "just". Reality is there that a comparison exists, disregarding anyone's opinion. Let's say if she is a multimillion dollar actress, that would be a different story altogether. Fairy tales exist in bedtime stories, so I'm just pointing out at the reality and pulling from the information given. It is just to contrast her own "price" to the "price" of the ideal mate she was looking for. Occupation does not label a person with price, but gives a rough estimate of the person's earnings.
I'm just talking in her own terms, so females out there know how to look at themselves before looking for the perfect mate. You may not be perfect for your "perfect" mate.
And to top it off, the same goes to men looking for the perfect female or figure... Vice-versa..
Or you'll be single till you're 60... :P
So you're talking about her earnings. I would appreciate it if you could add more explanation such as "..sales promoter who earn # per month at such.." or etc.
Imagine one saying "She's -just- a primary school teacher fullstop." and nothing more to explain which aspect he's referring to, it shows how one is suggesting that role played by the profession is of lesser significant, which apparently is not true.
I am not a sale promoter, and I have no friends being one. But I felt offended the same. Of course MD is a profession no one doubts its significance and I have no problem with that. We never hear people say "He's -just- a doctor." (Except coming from a brainless Specialist saying something like "He's -just- a small clinic doctor.") But neither do other occupations deserve that generalized degradation, unless you're speaking specifically about the difference in the income of the occupation, which, I of course agree on the difference.