
Candle flame
And here I am, alone, in the middle of the night. I could only hear the wind gushing outside. Forgive me for the lacklustreness, for I am just a simple man. With words that could remind us of what we were when we were still kids. What is my path of destiny? What will be of me? Will I remain true to what my beliefs at this very moment? Would I be someone I'd hate so much to become? What will be the end of me? Lost in eternal blackness? Or would I be given a second chance to start all over again? All these questions remain unanswered after all these years. And yet, I am just a mere human. What I can achieve, fades with time, just like the foot prints on the beach, being washed instantly just as they are made. What could I do to etch a mark so deep in the hearts of mankind, at least, if not for the dinosaurkind or any other species that would replace mankind? Nothing. And forget about crucification. It works only once.
Sunrise signifies the birth of a new hope. Or that is what
it would seem to be. A new dusk, a new day. Light is good, dark is evil. That is what we had been made into believe all these while. But could it really be a deception? What if Dark is good and light is evil. What if evil is not evil and goodness is not goodness? Crap. Elaborate a bit more and the religious people are going to burn me alive for blasphemy. But the fact is, it is just a tool to distinguish one another. What may seem righteous to one could seem evil to the other. In the end, the world is just plain grey. No one is right, and no one is wrong. What we follow are the norms. The acceptable norms. We can't kill another humans, but is the act of slaughtering other animals deemed acceptable? And please, this is just a discussion. I'm not trying to convince anyone to be a vegan. But could it be possible that what we are trying to imply is that animals are a lower caste below us? How sure are we? Let's ponder upon this. Humans are the only creatures who would kill one another, basically not for survival. Humans are the only creatures destroying earth, threatening the existence of life. Wouldn't we be the lower caste instead. Oh animals!! Eat us instead!! I'm just kidding. Again, I'm not trying to goad anyone into being an environmentalist.
Even here, I could discuss about the 'righteousness'
of human. Is Saddam's dictatorship a bad example? Giving the fact that he's handling a group of rogues and barbarian-like people, could he be more appropriate, other than using force against force. At least, he managed to maintain the stability although you can say that it's a fake one. And here we can see the US trying to restore 'stability', having their gluteus maximus all screwed up, causing more panic and disturbances. And on an unrelated discussion, was communism that bad afterall? China managed to hold itself together and prosper as it is today, without foreign intervention. Had China been practising democracy right from the start, we could see China as a 2nd Russia, being poverty-striken as it is now.
So, the point is, everything is not clear-cut as we
were taught from young. In fact, nothing is. What we need to do is to step into anothe pair of shoes, and think from another perspective. But then again, we are just humans. If we are able to empathise, there wouldn't be any Crusades. We are lowly creatures lower than animals. We could only think of ourselves, struggling for the show of power. And yet, we could only ponder upon why men are blind or women are deaf. Perhaps, when mankind is more noble than other creatures, that is when pigs can fly or cats can swim.
that's the thing bout life. the deeper u think, the more depressed u get. be superficial, be happy.
i aint no getting anythin from here man..