Self- Reflection for the '06/'07 Session
Self-reflection is something I always do every morning
and every night without fail. Yes. To look at that handsome face in the mirror. Wonder in awe how such a masterpiece lives in me. Is this what they call self-reflection? I guess so... Because you can't deny that it is a reflection of my self. So, have I choke you? I must be great to be able to do that. Then only will I be able to treat hematemesis(vomiting blood) from u guys.
Enough with the ice-breaker. Guess I should proceed
with the main topic. What have I done for my first year in UKM Medic 1st year?
1) Becoming a first year Medical Student (MS)
2) Seing so many foreigners in my home state, some who always claim that their homeplace is the best, not realising that it's just because they got used to it. But I guess that made up for their shallow knowledge and experience. I may not be that good either, but I am merely an observer to comment what happened generally.
3) Being able to lose so many things in one year from handphone; MP4 player; a bag with 3 Pharmacology books, pencil case with loads of stationery, car keys and house keys; 2 1GB minifun thumbdrive; name tag; lab keys; 3 Pilot shaker mechanical pencils worth around RM8 each; and many tiny little things.
4) Went to EAMSC (East Asia Medical Student Conference) in Taiwan. Man, that was really an unforgetable experience. I rather go more on such conference trips or free and easy than following those travel and tours trip. Those are money-making trips for people to claim that they have been to a certain country without the need to actually know the country. As a matter of fact, my parents will be going to China tomorrow without me. So, I'll be home alone for a week. Weeee....
5) Managed to play chess in UKM, getting a Silver in the team event. My skill was rusty for 3 years and there's a Silver for it? That is so much sweeter, since I'd never done well well in a team event. Not really that I lost my matches, just that I don't have regular teamates every year in secondary school.
6) Became the inaugural Flirt King in UKM 1st year medical student. I also got a job as the Head of Dept of Flirtology in Faculty of Paktorlogy, UKM.
7) Acted and directed many sketches for Personal and Professional Development assignments. Guess we should be given a double degree of Medicine and Mass Comm.
8) Gotten so many B's in my studies. Ironic, but it actually resembles my true ability. Glad for that.
9) First time staying up late at night for exam. It was for the end sem OSPE where I'd to digest all 4 modules' practicals in about 7 hours time. There was a PPD exam the day beofre till 4pm, so started on full gear at 8pm. That was also the first time I'd mixed 3 tablespoon of Nescafe into my drink to spike it. I also took an antihistamine(Clarinase) not for its effect, but the Pseudoephedrine (nasal vessel constrictor) for its neurostimulating effect. Great, now I'm doing drugs.
10) Gotten 3 parking tickets from DBKL, because they were too poor. Up to this day, the DBKL people has greatly improved. They can finish 100 metres of summonse within 5 minutes, and their handwritings are much better than mine. Lolz..
11) Became the group leader(more of an office boy) for PBL 18 in first semester. It's still the best PBL group, although it may not be as dynamic as my second PBL group 5.
12) Touching prosected cadaver with bare hands without hesitating. OSPE provide no gloves, and the cloth beside the table make it hard to 'feel' if you want to use it. Spongy arteries, collapsing veins, solid nerve cords,etc.
13) Found out that my brain cells are log-killed from the start of the exam till the end of it. Casualties were from log 2 on the 1st day to log 16 on the last. The creative side of my brain is dying as well, if it has not been degenerating due to atrophy.
14) Found out that I have great story-telling ability which I practised in my essay during exams.
Ouch, by the end of this, my head aches. Can't use too much
recalling. they say the path is clear when you make a step. But I am much more confused than before. I ought to gslog hard, but for no apparent reason? I might as well heading for doom.
*The End*
比 回 看 别
上 头 看 人
不 一 眼 骐
足 看 前 马
下 推 我 我
有 车 不 骐
余 汉 如 驴
yee ming pls explain da chinese words pls =P
Kk..explain in Malay can?
Orang lain naik kuda, wa naik keldai,
Tengok tengok wa tak syok,
Toleh belakang penolak kereta roda,
Wa bukan terbaik, bukan juga yang terburuk.
Muaha..a bit distorted ady the meaning.
..-.- ok...
baik jgn explain...
haha... u mmg pro losing stuffs and d study for 7 hours sounds so much like me.... sob sob...