What's cooking??

Digi Reload Contest Media Launch!

This is not actually a review, but of a promo event of Digi Reload Contest Media Launch at 1U today!! I'm rather proud because bloggers are invited to the media launch as we are recognized as being a part of the media and press. So, Nuffnang's Glitteratis get to go! X'P We were given a plastic aquarium containing a milipede (I think so) with a key. There's 80 of these things (which 30 were allocated to Nuffnang bloggers), which 3 of the keys can open the lock to get 3 iPod Shuffle. Cool huh?

The event's is fear factor style of course, so let the photos do the talking.

Playing the Snake and Ladder Game which is no joke. You've to do stunts if you land on certain squares.


The main stage

Robb is trapped!! Lol!!

These are the insect eating challenge. Should be crunchy and yummy.

Gourmet Bamboo Worm, taste like Twisties

Wait a second, how do I know? Well, actually the Digi people offered me one of those worms and ask me to try it. With my ego the size of a black hole at the moment, I took it calmly. She said that it tasted like Twisties, so I took it in a few bites just to savor the taste.
It did taste like Twisties, perhaps they use corn to fry this. I told her that it really tasted like Twisties.

And she replied, " Really arh? Really taste like Twisties arh?"

Dang!! If she wasn't a female, I had go cursing @%&%*^$@#! She didn't taste it herself at all!!

So, let me describe the taste here for all the Ewghs and Argghs.. When you take the first bite, your teeth sink through the cuticle layer which is crunchy. Then it goes deeper into some hollow space where the taste of corn (Twisties) really make its presence. Of course, it's not that bad, until the slight taste of worm lingers in your mouth for quite some time before it goes off. The thought of it made me feel nauseous indeed. Okay, so next photo please!!


Sauteed Bugs (They say taste like chicken, but I'll never want to know)


Savoury Silk Worm

Crunchy Crickets


Yummy Baby Grasshopper

Stay in the snake den for Photo Shooting!!

Officiation of Media Launch


The Digi man who took the challenge to stay in the small booth with 160 scorpions!!1 thing I learnt: Scorpions like ass, they might like balls, and they really like ass!!




DiGi's Senior Marcom Consultant tried to hold an Iguana for photo session but look at her worried look!! X'P

This is a Gecko!!

As part of the media, we get to enjoy food. Yummy and tasty refreshments indeed.


Drinks for us too. I like the soda with lime, chilled.


After the launch, Nuffnang bloggers played the Snake and Ladder game, lead by Robb.

Kissing the Iguana during the Snake and Ladder game is one of the stunts. I heard from some aunties nearby that the Iguana turn its face because her mouth 'berbau'. -.-" What a remark..
Putting a hand in a box full of crickets to get a rubbery gecko.


This is a better way to take a photo with the snake. --> Face to face
Or maybe she's too pretty that the snake had to stare at her!! X'P


After that, the keys from the aquarium were used to try to pry open the locks to the 3 iPod Shuffle. 2 Nuffnang bloggers and another media representative got them. I didn't take a photo because I wasn't there. I knew I wouldn't win, so didn't even try my key. Hehe..

After a long day, I reached home to take photo of my goodie bag!! The plastic aquarium had my centipede in it.

Basically, it's quite an enjoyable experience. It did gave me the exposure of how a media launch is like, and how the organizers try to attract the journalists and advertising teams from major newspaper so that they could write good reviews on it. I had more photos of the reptiles, but I'm just lazy to put it up. Maybe other bloggers who had a better camera would be putting them up, so be patient!! n_n

Oh ya, before that, just want you to know that information of the contest can be found at: www.digi.com.my

Comments (12)

aiks din get to say hi to u... nex time maybe lolx

2 joshuaongys:
Haha..nvm, we'll many such events in the future to meet!! hehe..

YO!!! Thanks for the pict of me in the box... You can post more.. My camera setting was not so good... So the lighting all lari... Thanks for the photos..
And add me yo!!

T_T I DIDNT GET TO GO.... BOOHOOO I was at the Nuffnang office working T_T

so nice!!!!

Dude, u got cheated into eating a bug lol

Mus b a very pretty gal to persuade u to do dat *wink*

How come no photos of u with the reptiles?

2 michelle:
Hey, it's alright.. next time ba..

2 acura:
Not cheated la, the DiGi few of the big heads there at the promo offering me wor..haha...No photos la..i cooked those that stay near enuf to me..keke

Attention: What I got was actually a milipede in fact and i never knew cos it just rolled up like a ball..haha

waaa
got my ugly pic of the snake that hiss at me >3<

wahhh....sound like so much fun. Hope i can make it to at least 1 event next time.

Haha. Looks like you had fun there. You got cheated into eating the 'twisties". hahaha.

Ya I chickened out of eating the bugs... Especially after you told me about the after taste! :)

Sob.. I'm a digi user too but sob.. no chance to grab the gifts.. :(