What's cooking??

I’m Going Kame Hame Ha with Dragonball Evolution!!

http://www.dragonball-z.es/wp-content/son-goku.jpg
Who would have forgotten the child prodigy who shaped most of our childhood memories?

The Dragonball series is something most of us would at least heard of. In fact, it was started in 1984, way before I was born. The most intriguing adventures of this series would capture the heart of most readers, if you would have read from the start. It depicts an adventure loosely based on the Chinese "Journey to The West", using some of its characters but definitely not its plot. Somehow along the way, the story went for an all-boys storyline, which would have lost the appeal to new readers unless you fancy overmuscular hunks in golden hair grilled in flames and electricity.

I must say that I really love the manga drawn and the storyline plot, which might have made me a number 1 fan if not for every single fan of Dragonball claim to be the number 1. So, I'd settled for number 2, which no one would like to claime that seat from me. :P

If you'd follow the series, I'm sure you would have known that the 7 dragonballs could grant someone a wish once used to summon the dragon wishmaster. Back then, it had remained a fantasy to had just that one wish to be true. Being guys, I would have dreamt fighting alongside Son Goku in his attempt to thwart the evil plans to destroy the Earth. In fact, Dragonball was much more appealing than the average Superman.

At least Son Goku wore his undies right.

And there wasn't any mask either. No covering identity as in the Marvel and DC superheroes realm.

And there we were, saving the world with the trademark Kame Hame Ha (The Cantonese version called it the Turtleball Qigong :P) riding on the clouds and having whatever wishes we had to be granted. At least, the Kame Hame Ha looks way cooler than the Ultraman crosshands actions.

After a 25-years wait, Dragonball is coming to the large screens! Whenever I heard of that, I got really excited. I would have wonder how would that Dragonball effects would be put in reality? I WAS excited, at least, until I got to know that, Son Goku had turned WHITE!!

http://www.nuffnang.com.my/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/dragonball-evolution.JPG

It's kinda hillarious to see your dream turned into a White nightmare. I don't mind Obama being the change US wanted, but are they sure that Justin Chatwin is the change Dragonball fans wanted? That, we'll have to find out once the movie is on the screen! And meanwhile I am going to watch it judge myself, since this movie is loosely based on the Dragonball anyway. Perhaps that is why they called it "Evolution". Judging from the effects, I'm sure it's going to be grand if I had just forget about my perception of Dragonball.

But the problem is, I've no dragonballs to get me any Premiere tickets. I'd heard that Nuffnang is offering free tickets to the Premiere screening of Dragonball Evolution!! Being obliged to participate, I used the 2 balls I have (better than the 7 dragonballs) to qualify. I've to pose myself for my Kame Hame Ha to fly my way there!

KAAAA......MEEEE.... HAAAAAA.......MEEEEE......... HA!!!!!!!

See you there!! (I hope)


nuffnang_logo_dragonball.jpg


Comments (5)

lol..che sin

This comment has been removed by the author.

2 jean:
ah..ur jz jealous..:P

I remember the Dragonball craze when I was little. Everybody is a fan. But looking at the movie trailer, I was somewhat disappointed.

The whole thing look cheesy. Trust Hollywood to destroy your cherished childhood memories. But still, I am going to watch it. Can't pass up such opportunity, no matter how bad the movie.

i love the dog durex commercial...thanks for finding it...it's on my blog too!!!

btw...see my dog do kame hame ha! thefrogcroaks.blogspot.com