Whenever I hear my aunt from Singapore mentions about condominium, she said it in an atypical manner. She would say "Condom" instead of "Condo". Being polite (or sinister), I did not attempt to correct her at all. Perhaps she did meant what she said just to amuse others? Well, that's for her to know and not for me to find out.
Back to Malaysia now, being raised in the culture where everyone is so embarrassed to even touch a condom nicely packed in a sachet, (haven't even ask them to buy yet duh..) how would we Malaysians encourage people to practise safe sex? It's not only safe sex at hand, but rather family planning. You wouldn't want to have 20-30 kids at home just because you were too embarrassed to get a condom but your sex drive is higher than the stratosphere!
I remember clearly how we used to joke about some teachers in secondary school who never failed to be unpregnant throughout our 5 years of studies. It's always that few who always had to take maternity leave every year, with the enlarged tummy day in and day out. We had always thought that those teachers must have been very poor, such that they can't even afford a TV, Internet, or perhaps even reading materials, since that must have been their only source of entertainment!
Well, that matter is no longer my business now, ever since I'm in university now, though sometimes I pray that more mothers get pregnant, so that I do not need to compete to make some delivery for my O&G posting in 1 month's time. But hey, you can't blame me for being curious. Back at those days, I was being notorious for advocating against the use of condoms. Hey, you'll never know how many Wong's would there be in the future, with Malaysia's target of 70 million population in the future beyond reach. :P At that moment, to me, condom is just, a condom.
Well, that thought ends quite recently, maybe a year or two back, when they introduce those "Love" shops, such as the "I Need You" shop in Mid-Valley had been blossoming all over KL. Those 18-sx shops prohibit underaged minor from entering, making it even attractive for us who were under-aged to peep and see what's in store. Those flavored condoms (I wonder why do you need flavors there.. erhem.. u know, I'm really innocent), vibrators, sex games, you name it, they have it. The flavored condoms were the 1st generation of modern art condoms introduced. Or I would say, modern taste.
And those shops never prosper much, I had realized, when I'm legitimate enough to enter, as most are even embarrassed to step into such shops. So, the last time I had dropped by at the I Need You shop in Mid Valley after 5 years, it was nothing more than a decent souvenior shop without exotic materials.
What prospers next was online sales, mostly in lelong.com.my. Since the auctions are bidded online, no one knows who you are. Once you pay online (usually Maybank2u, or you can go to the banks to bank in the money), they are packed and sent to your address, and no one knows what's inside until they open the package. So, that proves to be a safer route, don't they? At least you won't be afraid of people looking at you with some kind of weird look (although it's actually just yourself). With this, entrepreneurs got daring and starts selling all sorts of condoms and vibrators, because buyers are more than willing to buy them unnoticed. I was browsing through the items in lelong.com.my and these were the trendy ones and even gummy ones (hope they won't leak on chews), perhaps enough to qualify you for Nuffnang's Wild "Live" Blogging! :P
So next time, you know where to get them? *wink*
P.S. Oh ya, even Durex had condoms of different designs such as ribbed and dotted ones. You can check out Durex to find out more too!
*Disclaimer: The author does not advocate nor encourage the practice of promiscuous activities and pre-marital sex. What the author thinks is that those decisions should be made by couples themselves, and should not be subject to other's views or peer pressure. What the author tries to bring out is the awareness of condoms usage to prevent the transmission of sexually-transmitted diseases, AIDS, family planning or even birthday gift ideas for pranksters. The author shall not be held liable for any damages or loss that could have been resulted from this post. Thank you.
Back to Malaysia now, being raised in the culture where everyone is so embarrassed to even touch a condom nicely packed in a sachet, (haven't even ask them to buy yet duh..) how would we Malaysians encourage people to practise safe sex? It's not only safe sex at hand, but rather family planning. You wouldn't want to have 20-30 kids at home just because you were too embarrassed to get a condom but your sex drive is higher than the stratosphere!
I remember clearly how we used to joke about some teachers in secondary school who never failed to be unpregnant throughout our 5 years of studies. It's always that few who always had to take maternity leave every year, with the enlarged tummy day in and day out. We had always thought that those teachers must have been very poor, such that they can't even afford a TV, Internet, or perhaps even reading materials, since that must have been their only source of entertainment!
Well, that matter is no longer my business now, ever since I'm in university now, though sometimes I pray that more mothers get pregnant, so that I do not need to compete to make some delivery for my O&G posting in 1 month's time. But hey, you can't blame me for being curious. Back at those days, I was being notorious for advocating against the use of condoms. Hey, you'll never know how many Wong's would there be in the future, with Malaysia's target of 70 million population in the future beyond reach. :P At that moment, to me, condom is just, a condom.
Well, that thought ends quite recently, maybe a year or two back, when they introduce those "Love" shops, such as the "I Need You" shop in Mid-Valley had been blossoming all over KL. Those 18-sx shops prohibit underaged minor from entering, making it even attractive for us who were under-aged to peep and see what's in store. Those flavored condoms (I wonder why do you need flavors there.. erhem.. u know, I'm really innocent), vibrators, sex games, you name it, they have it. The flavored condoms were the 1st generation of modern art condoms introduced. Or I would say, modern taste.
And those shops never prosper much, I had realized, when I'm legitimate enough to enter, as most are even embarrassed to step into such shops. So, the last time I had dropped by at the I Need You shop in Mid Valley after 5 years, it was nothing more than a decent souvenior shop without exotic materials.
What prospers next was online sales, mostly in lelong.com.my. Since the auctions are bidded online, no one knows who you are. Once you pay online (usually Maybank2u, or you can go to the banks to bank in the money), they are packed and sent to your address, and no one knows what's inside until they open the package. So, that proves to be a safer route, don't they? At least you won't be afraid of people looking at you with some kind of weird look (although it's actually just yourself). With this, entrepreneurs got daring and starts selling all sorts of condoms and vibrators, because buyers are more than willing to buy them unnoticed. I was browsing through the items in lelong.com.my and these were the trendy ones and even gummy ones (hope they won't leak on chews), perhaps enough to qualify you for Nuffnang's Wild "Live" Blogging! :P
So next time, you know where to get them? *wink*
P.S. Oh ya, even Durex had condoms of different designs such as ribbed and dotted ones. You can check out Durex to find out more too!
*Disclaimer: The author does not advocate nor encourage the practice of promiscuous activities and pre-marital sex. What the author thinks is that those decisions should be made by couples themselves, and should not be subject to other's views or peer pressure. What the author tries to bring out is the awareness of condoms usage to prevent the transmission of sexually-transmitted diseases, AIDS, family planning or even birthday gift ideas for pranksters. The author shall not be held liable for any damages or loss that could have been resulted from this post. Thank you.
A little early in the morning for condom reviews don't you think? :P
dear Wong Yee Ming,
i wish to exchange blog link, i already add ur link in my blog.
please add mine in ur blog.
My blog url is http://chuanling616.blogspot.com
Thanks
XD. maybe the government should just give out free condoms at government clinics. and i think my science teacher had explained to us what is sex and how babies r born and such. she even stated she dislike sex in class.
Great Post!! Nang...you goin to be a cool doc in the future..
Hahha...ur aunt's funny pronounciation. A friend of mine back in fashion design school once used a condom as part of his fashion project.
Haha. Unique~!