I was swimming across the blogs when I bumped again into one of Kok Sen Wai's post. It titled "Virginity sucks". The later content was all too familiar to me. I'd explained on why virginity was treasured long time ago. In this modern world's context, perhaps it is no longer an indicator of purity. It's an obsolete remark to say a female is a bitch because she's no virgin. I can name you hundreds of virgin bitches, if that's the case, more than the supply of the well-accustomed "Ayam Dara" food sold near my house. Don't mind me, it's just a hyperbole.
It happened around 6 years back when I had started an MSN group among my friends. One girl friend of mine had posted on the forum, whether virginity really does matter. I remembered being all heroic and "wise" to explain everything that I knew of. I'd emphasized that virginity does not matter if you really love the person for who she/he is, and not because he/she was deemed a second hand property. I meant well, or so I did.
5 months later, she was pregnant.
And she married her "Prince Charming" at the age of 17, despite her parents' objections. And me? I was still bottle-feeding. Why would we marry at such a young age?
And it was all because I mentioned that virginity does not matter. My "wise" decision. I forgot to emphasize on safe sex. And I felt the guilt up until now. It may not be entirely my fault, but I somehow felt that I was partially responsible.
Perhaps, that is why I had advocate for condoms usage anytime possible.
So, whenever someone asks you if virginity matters?
Just answer that virginity does not matter, as long as you practice safe sex.
And the girl? The last time I heard of her, She was going for a divorce.
Her son should be 5 by now.
*The author does not support the cause of rampant sex nor promiscuous activities. The topic revolves around safe sex and should not be deemed liable for any pregnancy that results due to misunderstanding of this post. Condoms mentioned in this post are not provided but they can be obtained at your nearest 7-eleven mart or any supermarket. The author shall also not be deem liable for any inaccuracies of the people mentioned in this post as it is a matter of perspective of the author. This is not a factual statement, but rather of an opinion en route to promote the awareness of safe sex.
agreed, in a way.
That's tough. I would have felt a little guilt also, but we all know that it was not your fault. She would have continued until she found someone who said it was okay. The problem, it seems to me, is the age. The teen years are not the season of life to be having sex. It is the time to learn about relationships and prepare for adulthood.
Better safe than sorry. Actually, pregnancy is the least of their worries when it comes to sex. STDs~~~
woot...
tumpang for while...
whoever doesn't want her virginity anymore can donate it to me :)
agreed. it's the safe and responsible sex that matters.