(1 week ago)
Me: Dear, let's watch Dark Knight, want or not?
CY: (With less enthusiasm) Har, Dark Knight? Erm.. Ok la..
Me: Why? You don't like action movie zit?
CY: Erm.. no ah.. It's ok with me. I'm fine, really.
Me: Ok lor.. then no need to watch la...
(1 day ago)
CY: (Full of enthusiasm) Dear, let's watch Dark Knight!!
Me: Eh? Why? Out of a sudden?
CY: Cos now I know Dark Knight is Batman!!
Me: Really ah? I thought you would have known...
CY: No ah.. Now I know lor.. let's go watch!
Me: *Sweat*
Little did I realize that not many would have known that Dark Knight is actually Batman. Well, unless you'd seen the movie posters or trailers, I don't think many would have the idea of batman, but a cheapskate film instead.
So I ended up watching it tonight, and it was a bloody long 2 and a half hours movie. My butt is burning from the ache from sitting too long.
And they should not put it as "Umum".
God knows why these funny people of Malaysian censorship board were doing. Maybe they are a great fan of Batman. At least they should put a PG-13 sign for parental advise. Some of the scenes were too horrifying and violent to be "Umum". It might gives the small kids nightmares. We could hear some kids screaming/squeal when the sudden violent scenes were shown at times.
Otherwise, the show was actually good and entertaining. There's nothing much of an acting from Batman. He just need to be a stone just like the gargoyle. Acting mainly comes from the Joker. Hats off to Heath Ledger for his final act. I wondered if this act could lead to his eventual death for being too deep into the character. The story storyline was rather well concocted amid being a bit tad too long. It's rather dark and gloomy with violence meant for older adults, but was eventful and humorous at times.
I can assure you that the phrase "Why So Serious?" was not meant for humor at all.
This movie became more lively with Joker, thrusting doubts of human's good nature and threaten to uncover the dark and selfish nature of humans. Well, at least in the movie, they showed that Joker was defeated by the people, not Batman. Yet, Joker manage to pull off the last trick of pulling Gotham City's White Knight (Harvey Dent) into the dark side.
The best joker of all times
So, of course, we get to have a glimpse on how did Harvey Dent became Two-Face. The development of this character was rather ala Smallville style. (Though the Smallville series was much better since they had so many epusodes to work on it.)
Two-face
Maggie Gyllenhaal(the only female cast, I guess) who played Batman's love interest failed to shine. Nothing heroic, just a side-dish. All I can remember of her now is that she's a two-timer, dating Batman(Bruce Wayne), and Two-Face(Harvey Dent). Her screaming shrieking voice was reduced to some out-of-tune voice, and without much stunts. She just seemed too old for her age. And that large pimple(or any facial condition) on her face was rather irritating to add on to her bland look. Sorry to her fans out there, but that's my opinion anyway. I guess this is the very few movies which did not cash in on girls and sex to shine.
Oh yes, I caught a glimpse of Edison Chen. He was just the receptionist boy who talk crappy English. 5 seconds appearance at most, with his face shown just for a second. With so much hype around him in the show, I thought he would have been a more prominent character in the movie. Well, maybe he's kinda busy in the porn industry.
Apart from that, I still like the ol' batmobile. At least it's stylish. And the idea of batpod(batcycle) which was ejected from batmobile was cool although not pretty. They should have modify it to look better. At least with smaller and sleek wheels. It's all about style nowadays anyway.
The new batmobile
The Batpod
The ol' batmobile
Anyway, this show is worth the watch. It's definitely one of the best Batman show ever shown.
And remember, the Dark Knight is Batman!!
:P
:P
Really liked the first part and going to catch up with the 2nd one this weekend. I have heard only good things about the sequel too.
I really like the Joker. He steals the show. So Joker 1 Batman 0 haha
yeah..seems like the joker take the lead for this july..hehe
oh why or why did heath ledger die? he played the joker to perfection!
Looks like everyone watched it adi.
I din noe it was batman too, at first. lol.