Billboard for Divorce
This is in response to the marriage proposal costing RM40,ooo for the 1-day billboard rent recently (1-2 months back?). I do not object the RM14,000 he spend on the diamond ring, but the billboard ad? Is it really worth the money? Many people still think that it is a waste of money. Plus, he is not rich anyway. It'll be a different story if it's either of my buddies, Bill Gates or Donald Trump.
The Moral of this story? Think twice before you do something foolish. But then again, the world would not complain for someone who would like to move the economy by spending. Many would be wondering how would their marriage end up. I for sure, am waiting for the news in hope for the second billboard to come true. Anyone willing to spend that much for a divorce?
This is in response to the marriage proposal costing RM40,ooo for the 1-day billboard rent recently (1-2 months back?). I do not object the RM14,000 he spend on the diamond ring, but the billboard ad? Is it really worth the money? Many people still think that it is a waste of money. Plus, he is not rich anyway. It'll be a different story if it's either of my buddies, Bill Gates or Donald Trump.
BEFORE MARRIAGE
The Moral of this story? Think twice before you do something foolish. But then again, the world would not complain for someone who would like to move the economy by spending. Many would be wondering how would their marriage end up. I for sure, am waiting for the news in hope for the second billboard to come true. Anyone willing to spend that much for a divorce?

I totally agree. The ring's fine. The billboard? Stupid. There are about a zillion ways I could come up with to spend the 40K better.
where is the billboard?
Did you know that now Love Diamond had also pasted their logo onto that billboard?
So in a way, his cost are covered by the advertiser (in this case, Love Diamond)
So RM40K? What RM40K?
suangyee: It's in Kelana Jaya, if I'm not mistaken. They say you can see it from the Giant Hypermarket there.
Michael Yip: Advertisers? They won't cover the full cost for it. You would still need to fork out money. In fact, I still think that it's kind of a lame way for a guy. I can think of thousand and one romantic ways to propose, and this is not in the list. Not because it's unique, it's just..lame?
His dad owns the advertising company. So, dad's company will cover the rest.
Yeah, tau. But... a billboard for this? Haih. Better let her quit her job and you bring her traveling for a year with that money.
so they scrap it off after a day?
Nah, it'll be up for a month from Valentine's.
Oh? It's still there? Then I must really go have a look. X'D
Haha. You didn't know? Go check it out lah. It was still there last I checked.
gosh... after such an expensive way of proposal wonder how much more he's gonna spend on the wedding itself... haha... then wedding first anniversary is gonna be something even bigger than this (advertisement on TV) and the year next would be d divorce poster i guess...
haha... my mom told me bout d ad but didn't think it was this *ugly
anyway, girls... please don't think its romantic and wonderful for such method since there are much better plus romantic way of proposing!
Don't mind me but I heard it was the guy's family business, the ad company. Could be his uncle twice-removed for all we know.
Michael Yip: I can assure you Love Diamond has nothing to do with the billboard.
Yah..Its a bit unusual to spend RM 40K for a billboard....but if he could afford it, I think its Oklor....
that is just how 'folish' a man could be when he is in love....XD =)