It takes a Thousand Nightmares to Make a Single Dreamgirl
Forget about the General Election. The opposition party may have won a few states over, but let us focus on the next "big thing" that requires our attention:
While the name suggests that it is a quest to search for Malaysian Dreamgirl, do not be fooled. It is a modelling competition. Many girls went for the audition, mistakenly thought that it was a Malaysian Dreamy Girl audition. Be afraid, be very afraid! I've seen enough in the preliminary rounds that I was almost convinced that the show was an audition for Malaysian Nightmare Girl. Most of the contestants would not make the cut at all if I were to be the judge. The moment they took their first step into the room, I would ask them not to waste time further and return home.But yet, the judges were still quite kind, I think. Here, I'll introduce them to you:

The first would be Elaine Daly. Do not be deceived by her looks. She's no Paula Abdul. She's more of Simon Cowell, with her intimidating glare scanning the girls from head to toe. The girls were obviously intimidated from the looks in their eyes, with some of them shivering or stuttering as they answer her questions. She has no mercy, and her no-nonsense gave her the nickname "Medusa".
Next is our all-time celebrity blogger, Kenny Sia! Forget his blogging humour, for you'll see none of it here. You get to see the real him. Nicknamed "The Pervert", he has been caught on camera following the girls with his pair of wild eyes, unable to hide his emotions. Girls with short skimpy skirts would turn him on, despite the fact that some of the girls had heavy deposits of cellulites. Ugghh... Here, you'll see him acting like a layman a.k.a. typical guy pretending to know about girls and how dreamgirls should be. Oh wait, was he acting in the 1st place? And yet, the way he commented to one of the hopefuls that her clothes resembled more of a tablecloth, shows that he can be mean if he wants to.
The last but not least, is Lim Jimmy, the stylist. He's the one lashing out fashion critics, otherwise he would be the kind one, allowing Elaine to do the slaughtering. He's "The Merciful", although I would prefer him giving fashion advice to himself first. Just my 2 sen thought.

After some grilling done by the judges, the 12 finalists have been chosen. Personally, I think top 5 would be enough, because there's not many qualified ones. I've seen better (and prettier) girls walking on the streets of KL. Perhaps this Malaysian Dreamgirl competition is not well known yet. The judges practically have to inspect them just like the ladies in the market inspecting the vegetables so that they could find at least 1 good thing that they could use to qualify some of the contestants. And the competition will be going on for some time, which would be a good amusement if not entertainment, after the General Election. A must-watch show, if you are in an election fever. The url is at:
And who would be the Malaysian Dreamgirl of my choice? To me, none of them would win my heart over. I've already found my Dreamgirl. *wink*
Forget about the General Election. The opposition party may have won a few states over, but let us focus on the next "big thing" that requires our attention:
The Malaysian Dreamgirl
While the name suggests that it is a quest to search for Malaysian Dreamgirl, do not be fooled. It is a modelling competition. Many girls went for the audition, mistakenly thought that it was a Malaysian Dreamy Girl audition. Be afraid, be very afraid! I've seen enough in the preliminary rounds that I was almost convinced that the show was an audition for Malaysian Nightmare Girl. Most of the contestants would not make the cut at all if I were to be the judge. The moment they took their first step into the room, I would ask them not to waste time further and return home.But yet, the judges were still quite kind, I think. Here, I'll introduce them to you:
Next is our all-time celebrity blogger, Kenny Sia! Forget his blogging humour, for you'll see none of it here. You get to see the real him. Nicknamed "The Pervert", he has been caught on camera following the girls with his pair of wild eyes, unable to hide his emotions. Girls with short skimpy skirts would turn him on, despite the fact that some of the girls had heavy deposits of cellulites. Ugghh... Here, you'll see him acting like a layman a.k.a. typical guy pretending to know about girls and how dreamgirls should be. Oh wait, was he acting in the 1st place? And yet, the way he commented to one of the hopefuls that her clothes resembled more of a tablecloth, shows that he can be mean if he wants to.
The last but not least, is Lim Jimmy, the stylist. He's the one lashing out fashion critics, otherwise he would be the kind one, allowing Elaine to do the slaughtering. He's "The Merciful", although I would prefer him giving fashion advice to himself first. Just my 2 sen thought.
After some grilling done by the judges, the 12 finalists have been chosen. Personally, I think top 5 would be enough, because there's not many qualified ones. I've seen better (and prettier) girls walking on the streets of KL. Perhaps this Malaysian Dreamgirl competition is not well known yet. The judges practically have to inspect them just like the ladies in the market inspecting the vegetables so that they could find at least 1 good thing that they could use to qualify some of the contestants. And the competition will be going on for some time, which would be a good amusement if not entertainment, after the General Election. A must-watch show, if you are in an election fever. The url is at:
And who would be the Malaysian Dreamgirl of my choice? To me, none of them would win my heart over. I've already found my Dreamgirl. *wink*
Comments (0)
Post a Comment