What's cooking??

Tales of the Lie-Clocks (How Fast does yours move?)

I'm sure many of you had heard this before, but I would love to share this story I heard from a friend, a very dear friend who had never fail to lighten my day. Here's a credit note of a "Massage Ticket" that I owe her one (She made me do this)



There was once a man who had passed away. On his way to heaven, he reached the Pearly Gates where St Peter was standing. He walked closer and saw thousands of clocks hanging on the walls behind St Peter.

Being curious, the man asked, "Excuse me, but why are there so many clocks here? I bet there is no need for time in heaven, and one clock would do to tell the time?"


Calmly, St Peter answered, "Those are the Lie-Clocks. Everyone on Earth has a Lie-Clock. For each time you had lie, the hands on your clock will move ahead."

So, the man observed a clock that look as it had never moved. Be
ing curious, he asked, "So whose clock is that? It doesn't seem to move even once."

"That's Mother Teresa's. The hands never moved even once.
She had never told a lie."

"Wow! Incredible!" said the man. "Anyone else's clock who hadn't move at all or the least times?"


Pointing at a Lie-Clock at the far left of the wall, St. Peter replied, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands moved twice all his life."

So there the man was, fascinated at the Lie-Clocks as he wandered around the outer walls looking at other Lie-Clocks. After some search, he finally asked St Peter, "Where's Bush's clock?"

"Bush's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."


(Disclaimer: This is a joke and is not meant to insult any religion)

Comments (0)